Job Title: Director, Business Development
Department: Sales and Marketing
Sales of clinical research services and technology provided by the CRO.
- Develop a target list of clients for assigned territory according to the ideal client profile.
- Prospect all target clients in order to develop a valid business reason for a meeting.
- Meet with potential clients in order to understand challenges and present potential solutions.
- Receive RFPs.
- Review RFP information provided by prospective clients to ensure receipt of adequate information for preparation of project proposals.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals in development to ensure a strong deliverable.
- Lead and attend bid-defense meetings.
- Attend marketing and promotional events.
- Improve effectiveness of the organisation such as developing new processes, systems and sponsor relations.
- Work effectively and efficiently with internal partners within the company.
- Manage existing clients in order to ensure the securement of repeat business.
The above job description in no way states or implies these duties are the only duties performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and company.
The Company reserves the right to change or alter any of the above duties and responsibilities according to the operational needs of the department and Company.
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Significant experience in the drug development industry, with a sales focus to small pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology clients preferred.
- Degree in life sciences, pharmacy, nursing or nursing qualification (e.g. RN) or equivalent relevant experience.
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
All employees are required to exhibit and demonstrate the ‘Core Values’.
- Client focus: Satisfaction and Solutions
- Dependability: Competence and Quality
- Trustworthy: Open and Honest
- Innovative: Approaches
- Winners: Win-Win
All employees are required to follow company Guiding Principles:
- We care about our customers, but are not afraid to say no or disagree
- We only take on projects within our abilities to perform well
- We always aim to do the right thing and approach every situation with good intentions
- We pursue responsible profit and responsible growth, and spend money sensibly, as if our own
- We believe organisation, management, governance and control are positive, but bureaucracy and micro-management are negative
- We love common sense
- We are the enemy of mediocrity
- We have a hunger for innovation and a thirst for ideas
- We show integrity and deal with mistakes
- We acknowledge and value the contribution of others
- We always strive to build an atmosphere that is positive, professional and fun
- We are one team
- Determination to close the deal and resilience to keep prospecting are imperative
- A hard worker who is dynamic and self-motivating
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as business dictates
- Confident and able presenter
- Competent IT knowledge and skills (experience of EDC is an advantage but not essential)
- Team player. Must push for results and take a tough line when necessary, yet appreciate and utilize the different personalities and team dynamics that exist within the various divisions
- Very good organisation skills plus an understanding of resource and budgeting
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate effectively in a global working environment
- Work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills
- Transparent approach, clear and precise